Another reason I love Africa....

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

They are old school Coke lovers here. It's not "new" Coke with high fructose corn syrup. Nope, it comes with REAL sugar cane in a glass bottle. I have died and gone to heaven. And not only does Coke come in glass bottles, but so does everything else. Krest soda water, tonic water, and bitter lemon. 7up. Fanta in all flavors. It is the little things you learn to love.

I'm going to have to visit my sis-in-law the dentist when I get home because I won't be able to afford to have all of my cavities filled...I'm going to have a really hard time leaving Africa...

6 comments:

mkvenetis said...

now I want a Coke in a bottle..... :) glad you're loving it out there!

MorrisH3 said...

I put shortcuts on Kim's and my phones. Now procrastinating includes seeing what craziness you guys are up to.

Sarah said...

Doesn't living in Africa make you wonder why they don't sell bitter lemon in the U.S? Great stuff!

Francis said...

Yes it does. Bitter lemon is rather delicious:)

Dr. Sherry Roth said...

There is an old movie about African people thinking they found God in a Coke bottle...
You can do the remake!

Kimberly Lin said...

I got your back, Francis! I mean, your teeth! BTW, I also enjoyed the movie, "The Gods Must Be Crazy."

Sugar is EVIL.
~Kim

Post a Comment