Trip 1: What we learned

Thursday, September 8, 2011


September 7, 2011

I think I’m still recovering.  But, here’s what we learned from our trip.
1 – We need to place a pretty extensive order for car parts. That way we have what we need.
2 – We will always buy maps and books. They make a difference.
3 – Need to pack more snacks that are filling. There isn’t a lot of variety out on the road.
4 – It would be nice to have an ice chest for drinks.
5 – East Africa is relatively safe. Just don’t be stupid.
6 – Always have small currency of the country you are in…so when you pass the yummy carrots and fresh coffee in Kenya you can buy it.
7 – Take all school materials with me – the book is gigantic but it’s worth the trouble to have it on my person.
8 – I’m now willing to sleep pretty much anywhere. As long as there are no signs of bed bugs. That’s my only fear.
9 – I’m okay with the fact that I’m probably going to have a few cases of amoebas, GI issues, and malaria while we live in Africa.
10 – I have to get a new mosquito net made for our bed. After sampling all of the flavors, I’ve picked my favorite. And it’s worth the investment to get the one we want. Amazing how priorities can change so quickly.
11 – Make plans, knowing they will change.
12 – Be flexbile. Be adapatable. Remember TIA! Enjoy it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment